Ministry of Defence, Accra / Ghana
Ministry of Defense, Accra / Ghana
Ministry of Defence (Ghana), is the governmental department responsible for all actions, related to defence of the Republic of Ghana, from internal or external military threats. The MoD political head is the Defence Minister of Ghana, and its offices are located in in the Ministry of Defence, near Burma Camp and Kotoka International Airport (Accra).
The MoD building was erected by Chinese contractors, finishing was done by Ghanaian contractors as Mike Ofori (Accra). All pictures taken on the day of the official inauguration, of the Ministry of Defence. Included inside images, of the finished work, and material used.
The ministry is guided by the following principles:
- to enhance defence Policy and Control for effective national defence
- to improve the state of combat readiness for the Ghana Armed Forces
- to aid in the country's economic growth by creating a peaceful environment for trade etc.
- to improve logistics and infrastructure facilities for training and deployment
- to improve civil-military relations.
The ministry improves national security through:
The Ministry prepares and defends MOD estimates, it also Defends other interests of GAF and VAG before Cabinet and in the case of estimates the Parliament.
It provides political leadership, guidance and sound interpretation of government policies.